Bédarrides is a town with a population of approximately 5000 situated in the golden triangle of Avignon, Carpentras and Orange in the Vaucluse.
At the confluence of the Ouvèze, the Sorgue of Entraigues, the Sorgue of
Velleron, the Vallat-Miant, the Réal and the Auzon, Bédarrides has been nicknamed "the town of seven rivers".
Having committed itself to preserving its "village spirit", Bédarrides is a very pleasant place to stay and its geographic situation makes it an ideal departure point for your excursions in Provence.
The town itself is worth a tour just to discover its rich, centuries old heritage:
- The gates of September 4, 1870 and of the Pousterlon, relics of the walls that circled the town in medieval times.
- The Roman bridge, washed away by the flooding of the Ouvèze and rebuilt in the 17th century. A cross made of stone from Pernes was erected on the bridge.
- The Saint-Laurent Church, built in the 17th century on the site of an older Romanesque church that had fallen to ruin. Behind its baroque façade, the church holds a beautiful baptismal font, a pulpit sculpted in 1669 by Rodolphe Ribion and paintings by the Provençal masters.
- The 'Château d'eau' water tower as well as the five fountains built at Bouquimard, along the Ouvèze, at the Vierge and in the Moulin quarter.
Bédarrides also boasts many gardens and parks, situated in the heart of the village and on the banks of the Sorgues and the Ouvèze. The sun-filled hills swept by the Mistral wind are fragrant with the scents of the garrigue and offer you beautiful view points over the surrounding countryside.
Bordering on Châteauneuf du Pape, Bédarrides is centrally located along the Wine Road of the Côtes du Rhône and many wine estates and cellars welcome you to come taste their best wines.
The area surrounding Bédarrides abounds in tourist sites and within a 50-kilometre radius you can discover the best of what Provence has to offer.
- the cities of Avignon, Carpentras and Orange are 17km from Bédarrides.
- the Dentelles de Montmirail, the Mont Ventoux, the Monts de Vaucluse are less than 30km away
- the Pont du Gard, Vaison la Romaine, 40km away