450 EUR/week* starting at
Nestling between the Vaucluse Mountains and the Provencal Colorado Hills, the large country house of Rustrel has dominated the valley for several centuries. The show is pure magic, nature shines with light and splendid colours. An aura of peace and contentment reigns in this big house, ideal for a quiet stay in the heart of nature.
Full of history, this spot had been a glass factory for 200 years from the late 16th century to the end of the 18th century. It has been the lordly etate of Rustrel, a farm and woodlands, a rental for the workers from the iron factory of Notre Dame des Anges, a truffle farm and then a family vacation home and since 2004, the Grande Bastide is a rental vacation home. . Following years of restoration, renovation, planting, conversions, the proprietors put the soul and authenticity back into the property.
The 4-hectare estate enjoys an exceptional environment of vineyards, oak and pine forest, an olive grove, an apple orchard and truffle oaks. Herb gardens, rose bushes, lavender, honysuckle and broom fill the Grande Bastide with their fragances.
The swimming pool overlooks the ochre hilles of the Colorado Provençal and offers you a spectacular panorama.
Equipped with a floor heating system for winter and a cooling system for summer, the house allows for family vacations in all seasons. Thick walls, original materials, terra cotta, wood beams and antique furniture harmonize with all the necessary modern comforst.
The Grande Bastide de Rustrel reserves for you a warm ambiance and a peaceful freedom promising wonderful memories of your vacation.
The Grande Bastide de Rustrel dominates the valley and offers you a choice of 6 rentals.
There is the possibility of exclusively renting the entire property or renting 2, 3 or more houses.
- enclosed 4-hectare estate with electric gate + access code
- tree-lined drive, big shaded parking area
- fruit orchard, olive grove, oaks, lavender, rose bushes, century-old pines
- 6x12m swimming pool with roll-on cover
Maison des Rosiers - Terrace
Maison des Rosiers - Garden
Maison des Rosiers - Living room
Maison des Rosiers - Kitchen
Maison des Rosiers - Ambiance
Maison des Rosiers - Bedroom
Maison des Rosiers - Child bedroom
Maison des Rosiers - Bathroom
House rental for up to 8 people, 250 m²
A beautiful 17th century mansion, elegant, spacious and comfortable, with full southern exposure, yard and shaded terrace.
- A fully equipped sparkling kitchen which opens onto a large walled courtyard garden full of roses with Virginia creeper for shade.
- A spacious dining room with light wood farmhouse table and chairs.
- A big curtained salon with pale sofa and fireplace.
- One double room, queen-size bed 160 x 200 cm.
- Another double room, queen-size bed 160 x 200 cm.
- One room with 2 twin beds 90 x 190 cm each.
- A bright office with a double room bed size 130 x 190 cm.
- A well-furnished dressing room.
- One bath room and one shower room.
- Two separate WC.
La Maison du Maître André with Studio l'Olivette - 350 Sqm, 10 sleeps.
This is the main house at the Grande Bastide. Entirely equipped, the house is elegant and spacious.
Disposing of an annex studio, this elegant, comfortable house enjoys a splendid view and typical Provencal terraces.
La Maison du Maître André, amenities include:
- A fully equipped kitchen which opens on to a spacious terrace.
- A large dining room with light wood farmhouse table and chairs.
- A spacious curtained salon with fine furniture, sofa and fireplace.
- One master bedroom (king-size bed 180 x 200 cm), dressing room, bathroom and separate WC.
- A vast living room with a double bed ( size 160cm x 200cm), shower room and WC.
- One double room (bed size 140cm x 200cm)
- One single room (bed size 90cm x 200cm)
- Shower room and separate WC.
The Studio l'Olivette enjoys a spacious, delightful living room with a double bed (size 160cm x 200cm) and a large sofa-bed. It has its own kitchen, a large bathroom and separated WC.
Household fittings :
- Satellite TV, Internet access (Wi-Fi).
- Refrigerator, washing machine, dishwasher.
- Crockery, cutlery, kitchen utensils, traditional and microwave ovens.
- Electric barbecue, toaster, coffee machine, kettle.
- Iiron, ironing board, clothes drying rack, vacuum cleaner, hairdryer.
- Garden furniture, and sun-lounges.
Bedding and linen are provided. Please bring your own towels for use at the swimming pool.
Maison de l'Auvent - Terrace
Maison de l'Auvent - Garden
Maison de l'Auvent - Living room
Maison de l'Auvent - Kitchen
Maison de l'Auvent - Bedroom
Maison de l'Auvent - Single beds room
Maison de l'Auvent - Bathroom
House rental for up to 4 people, 100 m²
At the top of a beautiful stairway, on the first upper floor, a house with an awning that lets you enjoy your meals outdoors. Beautiful panorama over the Colorado Provençal of Rustrel.
- A fully equipped kitchen opening onto a dreamy sheltered terrace, surrounded by honeysuckle and looking out at the multicoloured mountain range of the Colorado Provençal;
- A light, spacious dining room with fine furniture and paintings;
- One double room with queen-size bed 160 x 200 cm;
- One room with twin beds.
Grand Colorado - Terrace
Grand Colorado - View over the surrounding countryside
Grand Colorado - Dining room
Grand Colorado - Kitchen
Grand Colorado - Bedroom
Grand Colorado - Double bed room
Grand Colorado - Bathroom
100 m², accommodates up to 4 people
On the first upper floor, this apartment has a magnificent view over the hills of the Colorado Provençal and the olive orchard. Full of light and tastefully decorated, a flowering courtyard and a terrace are at your disposal.
- A fully equipped, spacious kitchen giving the pleasure of cooking.
- A light, well-furnished dining room with exceptional view over the mountain.
- One double room, queen-size bed 160 x 200 cm.
- Another double room, small double bed 130 x 190 cm.
- One sparkling bathroom.
- One separate WC
Petit Colorado - Terrace
Petit Colorado - Studio
Petit Colorado - Dining room
Studio for 2 people, 50 m²
Charming studio, spacious and full of light, with a view over the hills of the Colorado Provençal.
- A spacious, delightful salon with a queen-size bed 160 x 200 cm.
- A fully equipped kitchen.
- A large, comfortable bathroom.
Four of us had the great pleasure of staying at Le Grande Bastide in June 2018. Situated in beautiful countryside but very close to shops, restaurants etc. A super base to explore this beautiful region. We were in the Maison du Maître Andre - spacious apartment, lovely views, comfy beds and very well equipped. Swimming pool is stunning and the vibe of the property is relaxing with a real Provencal ambience. Would return tomorrow. Booking and welcome was handled in a most professional, responsive and friendly manner.Date of stay: 06/2018