The Edgar Mélik Museum

The Château de Cabriès houses the museum dedicated to the works of the painter Edgar Mélik

Situated on a rocky peak halfway between Aix-en-Provence and Marseille, you will come across the Edgar Mélik Museum along the small alleys dating from the 12th century.

This former stronghold, where the Counts of Provence once lived, was again ennobled in 1934, thanks to the powerful palette of the painter Edgar Mélik, who had purchased the northern part of the fortified castle.
Upon his death, the municipality of Cabriès acquired in part this feudal dwelling, which opened to the public in 1980.

With his murals on nearly all the walls, including those of the 17th century chapel, Mélik's works can today be admired by everyone.

Temporary exhibitions devoted to the great names in art history, such as Dali, Picasso, Chagall, Miro, Giacometti, without forgetting the Provençal schools of painting, also take place since the museum's opening.

Château de Cabriès - Place de l'Horloge - 13480 Cabriès


Scroll To Top