135 EUR/night* starting at
Between Avignon and the Luberon, Château La Roque, a luxury guest house in Provence, offers you the stay of your dreams in a charming and unique spot.
Entirely restored, this medieval fortress from the 11th century was recognized as a historic monument in 2015.
In each of its 5 luxurious rooms and suites, the building's history and architectural heritage has been highlighted with elegance and refinement.
The fabrics, the artistic objects, the antique furniture and the top-of-the-range features and amenities add to the magic of the place.
Château La Roque offers you its peace and quiet, stunning views over the valley from every one of its room, its heated swimming pool and its belvedere gardens.
You will have unforgettable memories of watching the sunsets during dinner in the garden while savoring a gourmet and generous cuisine made up of local and organic products. During your stay, you will enjoy not only the beauty of the place but also the concierge and other quality services (massages, wine tasting) offered by Château La Roque.
A stone's throw from Gordes, the Mont Ventoux, L'Isle sur la Sorgue, Chateauneuf du Pape and the lavender fields and not far from Aix-en-Provence, Château La Roque is ideal for exploring Provence. We can help you discover the authentic Provence, off the beaten track and with all its well-known and lesser known riches.
The Voûtes Suite
Room The Voûtes - Bathroom
The Seigneuriale room
You reach it by way of a spiral stairway where over a thousand years of use has left poignant traces. With mullioned windows and ogive ceilings, this room testifies to the architectural and historic richness of the building.
This 50m² suite has:
• A king-size (180x210) canopy bed, top quality bedding (Treca/Delorme), choice of pillows, rare antique furniture, Lorca and Rubelli upholstery, a mini-bar, hospitality tray, safe, free WiFi.
• A big luxurious bathroom with two sinks, bathtub and Italian-style shower, antique furnishings, organic welcome products, linens, bathrobe and slippers from Delorme Paris, hair dryer.
The Poste de Guet Suite
The Poste de Guet Suite - Bathroom
The room of the castle ladies
Vestiges of the private chapel, arched window, coats of arms and 11th century inscriptions, this room was visited by the Templar Knights and the royal family.
This more than 50m² suite has:
• An oversized king-size bed (220x200) that can be transformed into two twin beds (110x200).
• Rare antique furnishings, a mini-bar.
• A lounge with desk and large mirror.
• A contemporary bathroom with bathtub and shower in this singular spot that must be seen.
The Chemin de Ronde Suite
The Chemin de Ronde Suite - Bathroom
A superb observatory inviting you to dream and voyage
Beautiful view over the valley of Chateauneuf du Pape, the incredible colours of the sunsets, the parapet walk and arrow slits highlighted by artist-made lights (Vox Populis). Let yourself be seduced by this suite's beauty and serenity.
This over 50m² suite has:
• A room with a large lounge area. King-size bed, top quality bedding (Treca/Delorme), choice of pillows, rare antique furniture, Lorca and Rubelli upholstery, a mini-bar hospitality tray, safe, free WiFi.
• An elegant contemporary bathroom with Italian-style shower and bathtub, organic welcome products, linens, bathrobe and slippers from Delorme Paris, hair dryer.
The Ventoux Superior room
The Ventoux Superior room - Bathroom
The light of Provence in your room.
Very light-filled room with an exceptional mirror and Provençal furnishings found at the antique dealers in Isle sur Sorgue, Rubelli fabrics. A soothing landscape below with orchards and prairies where horses graze.
This very big 44m² room has:
• A king-size bed (180x210), top quality bedding (Treca/Delorme), choice of pillows, rare antique furniture, Lorca and Rubelli upholstery, a mini-bar hospitality tray, safe, free WiFi.
• A big bathroom with "Marie Antoinette" bathtub on a mezzanine and view of the valley, organic welcome products (Casanera), linens, bathrobe and slippers from Delorme Paris, hair dryer.
The Jardins comfort room
The Jardins comfort room - Bathroom
Provence at your feet.
A very comfortable and light-filled room from which you can admire the landscape at your feet all while basking in the sun on your private terrace.
This 26m² room with a 7m² terrace has:
• A king-size bed transformable into twin beds (90x200), charming furnishings, top quality bedding (Treca/Delorme), choice of pillows, rare antique furniture, a mini-bar, hospitality tray, safe, free WiFi.
• A big bathroom with Italian-style shower and elegant furnishings, organic welcome products (Casanera), linens, bathrobe and slippers from Delorme Paris, hair dryer.
After a day of excursions or relaxing in the gardens or near the pool, come live an emotional moment at the castle's restaurant. Find all the flavours of Provence during the breakfasts and dinners prepared with passion by Jean Tomasino.
Depending on the season, asparagus, strawberries, cherries, melons, truffles will be accompanied by the best wines from the Rhône Valley, the Ventoux and the Luberon.
You can choose from a selection of more than100 wines from the talented wine-makers we love most.
Restaurant is reserved exclusively for our guests, by reservation only. Opening thursday, friday and saturday.
Truffles and Wines break in a castle in Provence Enjoy a stay in Provence at the Château, to discover this sublime harmony of truffles and Provence wines.
This offer includes for 2 persons :
· Two nights in room or suite with breakfast
· A tour in a 4x4 of a Gigondas wine estate in the Dentelles de Montmirail, followed by a wine-tasting
· A visit of a Chateauneuf du Pape wine estate
· At the castle, a 4-course gourmet truffle dinner, drinks included.
The price of the truffles and wines stay at the château for 2 persons and 2 nights is from 648€ to 900€ following the room.
Available from September 4 to November 30, 2018 and from March 1 to June 23, 2019.
Birthday, special event, Christmas or New Year's Eve, offer an original gift: gift voucher or gift box for an exceptional stay at Château La Roque in Provence.
A selection of varied stays, unusual nights, romantic getaways, oenological stays, will allow you to offer an unforgettable getaway in Provence to those you love.
To offer a dream holiday, you can order directly online on our website : www.chateaularoque.com, or join us by phone : +33 (0)4 90 61 68 77 or by e.mail : firstname.lastname@example.org.
This offer includes:
Price for two nights for 2 people: from 558€ to 928€ depending on the room and the season.
Offer valid throughout the year, subject to availability.
Book your romantic holiday at Chateau La Roque en Provence.
This romantic gourmet getaway includes for 2 people:
- Two nights with breakfast
- A welcome glass of champagne
- A romantic 4-course gourmet dinner (excluding drinks)
- A gourmet snack in the excellent pastry shop Jouvaud for free
Price for 2 nights for 2 people from 457€ to 827€ depending on the room and the season.
See our website for details.
Special conditions: no arrivals on Sunday (restaurant closed Sunday and Monday)
Spend the nights in our guest house and the days cycling in Provence.
Enjoy the ideal location of Château La Roque and its charming rooms in the heart of Provence, between Mont Ventoux and Luberon, to discover the landscapes of Provence to the rhythm of the bike. We help you organize your stay according to your wishes.
Depending on the type of bike, from simple VTC / VTT in e.bike, provide between 25€ and 50 € rental for a day for an adult.
Bikes delivered to the castle.
Offer valid throughout the year, subject to availability.
Enjoy your stay in the Luberon to sleep in a luxury boutique hotel and to discover the Ocher Massif of Roussillon at the horses’ rhythm.
Book your one-day carriage ride in the Massif des Ocres of Luberon and you will benefit of a guided tour of the cultural and natural heritage of ocher and Luberon, of an admission to the major sites (The Ochre Trail Path and the Ochre Conservatory of Roussillon, the Bruoux Mines in Gargas), and a delicious picnic with local and organic products. The rate per person, all inclusive is 83 € (adult and child over 10years),, 41 € (child from 6 to 10 years), 1 € (up to 5 years). For more information or to book, do not hesitate to contact us at + 33 (0) 4 90 61 68 77. If you book your room online on our website, you will find the "carriage ride" option in extra in your booking process.
Every day except Monday
Book a week in advance
Combine golfing and exploring Provence while staying in an 11th century castle that provides all comforts and authentic charm.
For your golfing weekend in Provence you will benefit at the Golf de Saumane, on presentation of a voucher Château La Roque, of rounds of golf at an attractive price of 55 € instead of 75 € public price.
To book your golf round, feel free to call us at +33 (0)4 90 61 68 77. If you book your room online, you will also find the round of golf as an option at the last step of your reservation.
We can manage your tee-off times reservation for you, at the Golf de Saumane.
Birthdays, Anniversaries, Family Reunions
Book a castle in Provence for unique moments of conviviality, birthdays and reunions with the family or friends. Book the whole castle with its gardens and swimming pool. Give an exceptional gift of dreams to those you love. We organise with you, and according to your wishes, the meals and activities that you would like to offer to your guests.
Please contact us for an estimate based on your requests.